Hot Sake Thermometer
An essential tool for enjoying hot sake.
- Place the thermometer in a porcelain tokkuri or sake tampo filled with sake.
- Boil some water in a pot (enough water to cover to the neck of the tokkuri) and turn the heat off.
- After turning the heat off place the tokkuri in the pot and watch the thermometer rise to the sought after temperature.
- The sake is ready to serve. Pour the hot sake from the tokkuri ideally into prewarmed sake cups or ochoko.
- Never heat the thermometer up over 60℃
- The bottom part of this thermometer may break because the glass of the bottom of it is very thin.
- Keep your eyes on the thermometer when you heat sake.
- Do not put the tokkuri or the thermometer in the pot while it is boiling.
Note: The active component in the thermometer is oil - kerosene (not mercury), common with alcohol thermometers.
Orders despatched Tuesday to Friday